Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Policy
JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia is a member of Ziraat Financial Group of the Republic of Turkey, one of the main focus of which is to adherence the highest standards of anti-money laundering and terrorism financing policies. The Compliance Program of Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Standards of JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia covers the following issues:
- Identification and verification of clients and their beneficial owners;
- Identification of Politically Exposed Persons, verification of identities and rules of service;
- Enhanced Due Diligence procedures for high risk clients;
- Identification of potential risks of money laundering and financing of terrorism related to banking products;
- Policies and Procedures to combat money laundering and terrorism financing ensuring compliance with international and local anti-money laundering laws and regulations;
- Procedures for monitoring and reporting customer’s suspicious behavior;
- Verification of clients in international lists of terrorists and / or terrorism supporters, as well as lists of relevant financial and other types of sanctioned persons;
- Regular staff training and awareness raising;
- Manage regulatory requirements and identified weaknesses;
- Coordinate day-to-day activities in order to compliance with regulations through compliance staff.
JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia strictly adheres to its core principles in its business, such as: Know Your Client and Client Identification Procedures, also the bank has no correspondent relations with fictitious banks. Particular attention is paid to detecting suspicious and unusual transactions. All employees of JSC Ziraat Bank of Georgia, who have direct or indirect contact with the Customer, systematically conduct trainings on how to act in cases where clients’ behavior or transactions are suspected of money laundering or terrorist financing.
Standards set out in domestic policies to combat the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism are based on relevant legislative and regulatory norms, also the best practices to protect JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia and its clients from money laundering, terrorist financing and other fraudulent practices.
All documents obtained during identification process of a customer, as well as information and records of client accounts and transactions made by him/her and any other documents are kept electronically for at least 10 years. For further questions on anti-money laundering policy of JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia please contact:
To comply with the requirements of Financial Action Task Force (FATCA) , JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia is registered on the US Tax Service website on 03.06.2014 By status - CERTIFIED DEEMED COMPLIANT FFI under a Model 1 IGA And assigned an identification code (Global Intermediary Identification Number (GIIN) - GIIN: U0UYM2.00008.ME.268